From: Luca Ventura [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 10:11 AM
To: tomcat-user
Subject: What do these errors mean?

Hello everybody!

I have installed Tomcat 4.1.12 as Servlet Container and IIS as Web Server in
my Windows 2000 machine.
I use the ISAPI filter to redirect requests from IIS to Tomcat: in
particular I use the JK connector "isapi_redirector.dll" you can find
at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/release/v1.2.0
/bin/win32/

After some time IIS and Tomcat working I have read Tomcat's log files to
check that all works properly and I have seen these
strange errors:

In "iis_redir.log":   //this is the log file for the ISAPI filter
"isapi_redirector.dll".

[Mon Dec 02 09:47:03 2002]  [jk_uri_worker_map.c (586)]: In
jk_uri_worker_map_t::map_uri_to_worker, found a security fraud in
'/www.myserver.com/myurl/tmp/mainbody.jsp.htm'

In "catalina_log.2002-12-02.txt": //this is the log file ( 2nd december
2002) for the Tomcat's Cataline engine. It is  in /logs folder of Tomcat.

2002-12-02 13:11:32 Ajp13Processor[8009][6] process: invoke
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
 at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
 at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:126)
 at org.apache.ajp.Ajp13.send(Ajp13.java:525)
 at org.apache.ajp.RequestHandler.finish(RequestHandler.java:501)
 at org.apache.ajp.Ajp13.finish(Ajp13.java:395)
 at
org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Response.finishResponse(Ajp13Response.java:196)
 at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.process(Ajp13Processor.java:464)
 at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.run(Ajp13Processor.java:551)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

WHAT DO THESE TWO ERRORS MEAN? HOW CAN AVOID THEM?

The strange thing is that when the second error occurs  Tomcat suspends
itself and it doesn't accept requests any more: so I must restart the
service....
WHY? :-(

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks everybody in advance!