From: "Eman Fattouh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 12:53 PM
Subject: using manager web application

dear all;
  i'm new in using Tomcat server, and i'm trying to deploy my applications on it.
i tried to use manager web application through its web interface at
http://myserver/manager/
i ftp my war file on server and try to install it but i couldn't.... it gives me
connection time out
i use it as follows:
path: /var/tomcat4/webapps/prom
config url:    http://myserver/myfirsttrial
war url:  jar:file:/home/webdevtest/SourceWar/promo1.war!/
note that the war file exists on the server just in the location specified in war url
field, and the folder i nedd the application to be unpacked to is prom and already
created on server.
i don't know what is the error in all what i  mentioned above.
please help me as soon as possible.
Regards
Eman