Using mod-webapp/apache, I'm seeing a lot of this in the logs, though the site works fine:

2002-12-12 05:35:23 [org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection] Exception on socket java.io.IOException: Premature packet header end
at org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection.recv(WarpConnection.java:237)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpRequestHandler.handle(WarpRequestHandler.java:112)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection.run(WarpConnection.java:194)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

I've found several references to the "Premature packet header end" error messages in the archives, but no clear answer except a suggestion that these errors can be ignored, and are caused when the apache process terminates (due to MaxRequestsPerChild ??). Are there any other thoughts on this? Any way to fix? Do newer versions of mod_webapp detect this more gracefully?

Thanks,
Ken Anderson