No. You cannot (it's against the Servlet spec). If you realy needs it, you can download Tomcat code and customizes o.a.c.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke in Tomcat 4, and o.a.c.realm.RealmBase.hasResourcePermission in Tomcat 5.

-- Jeanfrancois

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi,
I want to know if there is a way to manage authorization to
URL + Parameters.
I am using servlets and states to identify the action in my
programs, so this is very important.

For now I am using this XML:

<security-constraint>
<web-resource-collection>
<web-resource-name>Sample Airlines</web-resource-name>
<url-pattern>/servlet/examples.reservaVoos.Servlet</url-pattern>
</web-resource-collection>
<auth-constraint>
<role-name>manager</role-name>
</auth-constraint>
</security-constraint>

I need something like:
<url-pattern>/servlet/examples.reservaVoos.Servlet?STATE=0</url-pattern>

Is there a way to do that???
Thanks.