Sounds like there is no Apache VirtualHost container for whatever IP or
hostname you want to use.

"/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/" would be the default DocumentRoot for an Apache
server...this tells me there is no VirtualHost defined for the name or IP
you are using, because Apache is defaulting to it's global configuration
since it can't make a match.

John