From: "Turner, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 'Tomcat Users List' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Almost there: Odd error in mod_jk.log
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:25:45 -0500

Nope. As far as I know, mod_jk only supports one "*". "*.*" is invalid.
If you want to send everything to Tomcat (in which case Apache and mod_jk is
redundant), you would use "/*".

Also, this is just my personal preference, but AFAIK "ajp12" serves no
purpose in workers.properties, it just adds clutter. Also, if you are going
to define two workers for Tomcat, then you need to define a load balancer,
otherwise the first worker will get all of the requests, which makes the
second worker useless.

For info on load-balancing (one Apache, multiple Tomcats), see
http://www.ubeans.com/tomcat

John