Try this:

http://localhost/mydir/test%20with%20spaces.jsp?one=1&two=2

Literal spaces are not legal in URLs (as Cees pointed out) but they can
be encoded as %20 and that should be decoded correctly by Tomcat.

Phone 202-463-4860 ext. 258 / Fax 202-463-4863

http://localhost/mydir/test with spaces.jsp?one=1&two=2

I get nothing returned.

If I hit the pages via port 8080 I get the correct response (i.e. from
testwithoutspaces.jsp above) from both pages. I can't see what is
happening here and wondered if this is a known "feature" when using
filenames that contain spaces between words.

I've looked for similar problems with lost request parameters and all I
have found is that IE sending URLs in UTF-8 can cause a problem with
certain versions of Tomcat. None of the problems I reviewed mentioned
IIS and Tomcat in conjunction though. If tomcat handles the URLs fine as
standalone on port 8080 the only difference is with requests being
passed through to Tomcat from IIS via the AJP connector.

I've got two further problems, in that I didn't configure the original
system and that the system is in a co-location centre that I don't have
much access to. I'm currently setting up a test environment with IIS,
but that's not working at present, the original test environment didn't
use IIS and so I'm fighting to get a test set-up ready to work on this.
(The joys of picking up other's pieces eh?)

Finally, it is not possible to create the filenames without spaces in
them due to the software that produces each JSP (it's a long story, but
not relevant to this discussion). If anyone has any ideas, please send
me a message, otherwise I shall continue to trawl the net.

Cheers,

Ian