I installed 4.1.16 on a new server (with NT/2K start-as-service option)
and did some tweaking (enabled SSL, uncommented servlet invoker,
etc...).

While I was tweaking I stopped the service because was easier to
start/stop via the batch files for quick debugging).

When I finished debugging, and tomcat was running normally, I shut down
the server and attempted to start it again as a service, but it would
not start. The error message was something like "cannot start - service
does not return an error".

Anyone seen this before? I'm running 2000 Server. Any ideas?

Thanks,
-B