From: cvrajasekhar murthy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2002 11:53 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: connecting Apache2.x and tomcat 4.1.x, mod_jk

Hi John,

the path on the c: drive is commented as I used it
before n later I gave the path on the
E:\Apache\apache2\modules in which I have the .dll
file.
since I have copied and pasted those 2 lines form the
http.conf file n in the mail it got seperated n the
c:\ was on the next ;line.
But it was on the E: drive only n which it is showing
correctly.
#LoadModule jk_module
c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mod_jk-2.0.43.dll
LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk-2.0.43.dll

But all I wanted to know is why is it not able to know
or get the dll file from the specified path I
mentioned, if it can detect the path to prompt an
error, why can't it load the .dll file from the same
path?
I have installed the Microsoft Installer befor ei
installed the Apache server 2. Any mistake on that?
else I couldn't load the apache 2 on my win 98 m/c.

"device attached to the system is not
 functioning" This is really killin my spirits ,PLZ
find me a way to get rid of this.
Thank you and hoping for a best solution !!
-bye

--- "Turner, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You've got something messed up.  Your httpd.conf is
> calling for the DLL file
> on your C drive, yet the error message is citing the
> E drive.  Are you sure
> you don't have multiple Apache servers running
> somehow?  Did you use an
> installer that may have put some hardcoded paths
> into your registry?
>
> The "device attached to the system is not
> functioning" message means "you
> told me to get something off of a drive that does
> not exist", in this case,
> the E drive.
>
> John

---