Pierre,

There is no way to do this using the servlet API but you could easily store your user and role information in a JDBC user repository and then query that repository for the user data you want. If you need to include the user repository with your webapp, we've used the Hypersonic SQL database.

Gary

Pierre-Laurent Ribault wrote:

Hi,

I want to obtain the list of the roles defined in the system from inside
my servlet. I know where the roles are defined, and that I can check
the user name and isUserInRole from the HttpServletRequest class, but I
could not find out a method to list the existing users or roles. Is
there such a method in the servlet API ?

Pierre-Laurent Ribault
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Gary Gwin
CEO and Founder
Cafesoft
858.455.1800 x205
http://www.cafesoft.com

*   The Cafesoft Access Management System, Cams, is security    *
*   software that provides single sign-on authentication and    *
*   centralized access control for Apache, Tomcat, and custom   *
*   resources.                                                  *