From the error, looks like it's still trying to connect to an smtp server at localhost. Did you restart Tomcat after changing mail.smtp.host?

dwh

David Diskin wrote:

I've just set up Tomcat 4.1.18 on my Windows XP Home PC. I installed it as a service. I have no problem connecting to the Tomcat main web page. I reconfigured conf/server.xml and changed to value of mail.smtp.host to "smtp.verizon.net", my isp mail server. However, when I go to run the jsp send mail example, I get the following exception. Can anyone help on this?
ENCOUNTERED EXCEPTION: javax.mail.SendFailedException: Sending failed; nested exception is: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: localhost, port: 25; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect