From:   Jesper Birch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Fri 1/3/2003 6:58 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: JK2/tomcat 4.1.18 - broken pipe problem
Thx, Bill!

But how do I get rid of them in my catalina.out log file ?! Should I set
file logging in the worker2.properties ?! jk2.properties ?! Something
:-)

/Jesper Birch

The most common reason for this is that the user has hit the "stop"
button
in the browser before the page has been fully loaded.  The AJP13
protocol
(currently) doesn't support out-of-band messages to notify Tomcat of
this
fact, so mod_jk(2) simply drops the connection to Tomcat instead.

"Jesper Birch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
1041497967.27623.14.camel@wbirch">news:1041497967.27623.14.camel@wbirch...
> Hi,
>
> I have setup a environment with Apache 2.0.43, Tomcat 4.1.18 and JK2
> connector.
>
> Everything seems to work fine, except an error message I get time to
> time in my logs:
>
> 2003-01-02 05:55:56,681 [Thread-49] ERROR
> org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler - Error in action code
> java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe   at
> java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)      at
> java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
at
> java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
at
> org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.send(ChannelSocket.java:435)
at
> org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:627)
at
> org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.action(JkCoyoteHandler.java:372)
at org.apache.coyote.Response.action(Response.java:222) at
org.apache.coyote.Response.finish(Response.java:343) at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.OutputBuffer.close(OutputBuffer.java:326)  at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteResponse.finishResponse(CoyoteResponse.java:
500)     at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:224)
at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:261)
at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:360)
at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:632)    at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:590)
at org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:707)
at
a:530)   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

> ----------------------------
>
> It does not seems like the users of my site has any problems when
using
> it. So I am not sure when exactly this is happening.
>
> Can somebody explain for me the condition for when this should happen
-
> so I can look into this error, or maybe somebody has an idea to what
the
> problem can be ?!
>
> I have built JK2 from the 4.1.18 connectors package..
>
> Thanks
>
> Jesper Birch

<<winmail.dat>>