Hi,

You should not *have* to use a useBean in order to instantiate a class.   I
did not see in the example you posted, where you actually created an
Object.. your code was :

 myClass myObject;
 myObject.getSomeString() /* This will actually contain all the code in
 JSP, just to avoid the JSP page cluttered with Java Code */

.. but no-where was there a myObject = new myClass();

ie :

myClass myObject = new myClass();
myObject.getSomeString()

until you do this, there is no object, just a ref, so you can't call
methods on it.

Thanks,

Mehdi Nejad

                      "Laxmikanth M.S."

                      <laxmikanth.ms@sonata-so        To:       Tomcat Users List
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      ftware.com>                     cc:

                                                      Subject:  RE: JSP help: A bit
off topic
                      03/01/2003 10:15

                      Please respond to

                      "Tomcat Users List"

I don't see useBean Tag ....if u want to use a class use UseBean and call
the methos using the bean...

Disclaimer: The information in this e-mail and any attachments is
confidential / privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee or
addressees. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, you may
not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should
destroy
this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise
immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet email for
messages of this kind.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For additional commands, e-mail: <
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>