Hi,

It seems that when I call getServletContext().getInitParameter(), it works sometimes but not others. That is to say, I've stored my JDBC connection URL and the string containing the JDBC driver name in <context-param> entries. But I've created a "test" <context-param> entry containing nothing more than a meaningless string. I'm trying to get this string to echo to output, but it's not happening -- instead, "null" is getting printed. Anyone have any idea what's up?

Here's the relevant part of my WEB-INF/web.xml:

<context-param>
<param-name>stringtotest</param-name>
<param-value>kasdfasdfadsfl</param-value>
</context-param>

Here's the relevant part of my servlet code:

out.println("<p>And here is the value of our"
+ "<b>stringtotest</b> context parameter: "
+ getServletContext().getInitParameter("stringtotest")
+ "&lt;-- right here");

I get no errors in the logs, or upon restarting the webapp so I know my WEB-INF/web.xml file is syntactically correct. Also, as I mentioned above, in the same servlet I'm able to connect to a database using a URL string from a <context-param> entry. But this context-param entry seems to only echo "null". Anyone know why?

Thanks,

Erik