Hi,

When I start tomcat with $CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.sh, I get some 27
instances of tomcat running (actually spawned processes). How can I
limit the no. of initial tomcat processes?

Also, is there any possibility that tomcat would crash without even
logging the error if the system load is very high momentarily (about 5
to 10 mins)?

I have been experiencing such crashes for quite some time without
getting any indication of what's happening in the log file. This has
greatly reduced the uptime to 2 to 3 days only and I couldn't figure out
how to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,