Från: Ralph Einfeldt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Skickat: den 10 januari 2003 14:40
Till: Tomcat Users List
Ämne: RE: Canīt access Tomcat from outside router, help !

Let me summarize what I think what you have done.

As much as I understood you have a domain abc.tld
which has a public IP 1.1.1.1

Internaly the apache and the tomcat server run on
the private IP 2.2.2.2.

You have configured your router (NAT) to map
incoming requests for 1.1.1.1 to 2.2.2.2.

If you access www.abc.tld you get a response from apache.
If you access www.abc.tld:8080 you get an response from
tomcat if the request comes from inside. If the request
comes from the outside you get no response.
(What exacly is the 'outside' that you use to test ?)

Is that correct ?

Do you see something in the logs that indicates that
the request reached tomcat ?

Can you call telnet www.abc.tld 8080 from the outside ?
Do you get a connection ?