I don't use JK2, but I have this URL bookmarked:

http://www.geovelocity.com/index_apache-tomcat-arcims.html

I have no idea what "ArcIMS" is, but from previous posts on this list, that
HOWTO is a "known good" configuration.  If you can read past the ArcIMS
stuff, it might help.

As an aside, is inprocess communcation between Apache and Tomcat on Windows
even possible?  I had the impression that the inprocess thing was UNIX/Linux
only and that JK2 on Windows had to use normal sockets, but I could easily
be wrong.

John