Erik -

I presume the action for your form is "login" and not "/login"? Perhaps you can show use your form as well.

Lajos

Erik Price wrote:
I've got a JSP in the top level of my webapp which has a form that submits to this URI: "login". In my web.xml, I have the following, based off of the default web.xml:

<servlet>
<servlet-name>LoginServlet</servlet-name>
<description>
This servlet is submitted to by index.jsp's login form.
It performs the task of instantiating the user bean and
storing it in the session, and redirects to main.jsp.
</description>
<servlet-class>LoginServlet</servlet-class>
<!-- Load this servlet at server startup time -->
<load-on-startup>5</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>LoginServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/login</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

I have deployed my webapp successfully per the AppDev instructions in the Tomcat docs using "ant deploy" (I modeled my ant script after the default one too), and reloaded the webapp from the /manager app. But when I submit the form from index.jsp, I am shown the message:

Apache Tomcat/4.0.6 - HTTP Status 404 - /login

type Status report

message /login

description The requested resource (/login) is not available.

Can anyone suggest what I might have missed?

Thank you,

Erik

galatea.com
Cocoon training, consulting & support