Just a thought, but do you have, a *.jsp statement on all concerned URI's?
 Such as

[uri:/examples/*.jsp]

rls

Raiden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
01/11/2003 08:21 PM
Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"

        To:     Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Various bugs with mod_jk and mod_jk2?  And does
Apache2.0.43+mod_jk2=inevitable hanging?

Just as a followup, even though all of the below still holds true, I did
find out my problem with Apache 2.0.43 (it was a DNS misconfiguration that
eventually held Apache up, even though I don't have it resolving host
names).

So, Apache 2.0.43 is now running fine with mod_jk2.  However, it still has
the problem where DirectoryIndex won't check for an index.jsp through
tomcat by default, which creates a problem for those of us that have
Apache on Tomcat running on separate machines.

Anyone have a workaround for this? (Besides creating empty index.jsp files
to trick Apache).

Thanks,
-Raiden

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, Raiden wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wanted to get Apache 2.0.43 and mod_jk2 working.  They seemed to setup
> fine, and handle requests just great.  But after a while, Apache starts
> hanging on every other request.  I tried mod_jk, and it still does
> this.  I removed all traces of both mod_jks, and it still does
eventually
> starts hanging, even on static image requests that are not run through
> Tomcat.  I'm assuming it's a problem with Apacheand my setup (Redhat
> 8.0).  Anyone else have similar issues?
>
> Anyhow, so I went back to Apache 1.3.27, which does not hang at all.
Now,
> here's where I noticed two weird things:
>
> #1) Apache 1.3.27 with mod_jk2 - mod_rewrites that have the [P] flag to
> proxy don't seem to actually get interpreted and sent over to Tomcat.
>
> #2) Apache 1.3.27 with mod_jk - mod_rewrites DO get interpreted.  But,
> with Apache and Tomcat residing on two physical servers, Apache does not
> send over a request for index.jsp if the URL does not exactly specify
it,
> even if the DirectoryIndex is set.  (So, /index.jsp WILL go to Tomcat,
> but / will not, and is just processed as an Apache level index view.)
> I've had to actually create fake index.jsp files in a mock directory
> structure on the Apache side to trick it into sending index.jsp as
> default to Tomcat.
>
> Does anyone know how to fix either of those strange behaviors?  Or
BETTER