You can use mod_jk and Apache security to secure Tomcat URLs on the remote server. The only thing you'll loose is access to servlet API calls like request.isUserInRole() as the Tomcat container will no longer be aware of the user's identity.

Gary

Raiden wrote:

I'm using Apache 2.0.43, and Tomcat 4.1.18 (which is located on a separate
sever).

Is there a way to use Apache basic authentication to authenticate these
pages, when they exist on a separate server? When they're on the same
server, I can just create a <Directory > tag, and set the authentication.
But how do I do this when the jsp files are not on the same file system?

Thanks,
Raiden

Gary Gwin
http://www.cafesoft.com

*   The Cafesoft Access Management System, Cams, is security    *
*   software that provides single sign-on authentication and    *
*   centralized access control for Apache, Tomcat, and custom   *
*   resources.                                                  *