Noel,

The problems that I am having have to do with specifically Chase's values
that are being returned to me and the possible scenarios each value can
cause.  My frustration is that I ask a simple question such as will a
decline always have SomeValue is > 5 - and what I get back is a bunch of
business logic explaining that I am only concerned with approvals, anything
else is a non-transaction.  While this is true in the business sense, my
program is concerned with every scenario, and everything that completes the
process (including declines) is considered a transaction.

What do you mean by the gateway mechanism doing a "callback" to one of my
pages?  The way I have it set up is my JSP instantiates transactionBean with
all the necessary values.  The methods in this bean do the actual formatting
of the input document, make the API call to the gateway to submit the input
document, and receive the result document.  The bean will also determine if
the transaction is a success, and if it is a decline or approval.  Then my
JSP will access this information to relay it to the browser ( as well as
include a script that writes it back to my back end app).  We are not
storing any user information, so a database is not coming into play for me.
The backend app is a UNIX program that I pass a value to via a URL and the
program on the UNIX box parses that URL and records the appropriate values.
Is this a feasible scenario?  If so, then wouldn't the session be persistent
throughout the process?

Thanks,

Denise Mangano
Help Desk Analyst