I too am having the same problem. I believe in my case, the problem may stem from the
fact that Tomcat 4.1.x maintains a reference to every JSP page that has ever been
requested. My site has hundreds of JSP pages, several of which I believe are "dynamic"
(Can someone clarify what makes a JSP page "dynamic").

Since my current JSP pages are really just content (the HTML is provided by including
a header.jsp and a footer.jsp on each page), the solution might be to convert them all
to XML docs and then use a single JSP and XSLT to create the HTML.

I'm hoping to get some clarification on this and in the meantime am working on testing
this theory. I'll keep you updated.

Steve