First, thanks to those that pointed me in the right direction.  I just have
one more problem with connection pooling. Now when I request a connection
from the connection pool, I get the following exception:

pretty standard exception, not really that confusing.  What IS confusing, is
why this exception kicks out, when I clearly define the driver to use in the
server.xml file.  It is supposed to be defined in the driverClassName
parameter, correct?

          <ResourceParams name="jdbc/wwxchange">

            <parameter>
              <name>driverClassName</name>
              <value>sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver</value>
            </parameter>
            <parameter>
              <name>url</name>
              <value>jdbc:odbc:www_ship_2</value>