From: Steve Vanspall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, 16 January 2003 1:58 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Loggin with Tomcat 4.1.18LE for JDK 1.4

Hi there,

I have recently switched from Tomcat 4.1.18 to 4.1.18LE for JDK 1.4

I had hoped it would stop this logging problem I am having.

For a while it looked ike it had, but now it has started again.

The error I am getting is

org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger does not implement
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger does not implement Log
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger does not implement Log

Now I no this is a Tomcat problem, because I have switched all my
application loggin to the JDK 1.4 Logger.

Can anyone suggest where the problem may lie.

Is there a way to completely switch logging off??

Removing the logger tag in server.xml causes all loogin to be done to the
console.

I really need this sorted out, as I am trying to send a second release of my
software out.

Any help would be appreciated

regards

Steve Vanspall