Hi!
   1. How to log the System.out outputs to a text file instead of the
console?
        Tried modifying the server.xml file's <Logger> element with attribute
className="org.apache.catalina.logger.SystemOutLogger" but output is still
on console.

      Also, specifying directory and file name in <Logger> with
className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger" did not help

      Using Tomcat 4x, do not want to run it as a service in this case.

   2. Second Question: How do I run Tomcat 4 as a service after it has been
installed when I did    not specify it to run as a service at the time of its
installation.

        Thanks and regards,
        Rommel Sharma.