Apache modules can be Apache-version sensitive.  There have been security
updates to Apache since .40.  RedHat should have .43 available as an RPM.
If not, you should find one somewhere else.  Upgrading Apache will take care
of the compatibility issue.

Regarding your question about Jk2WorkersFile, the answer is no.  As far as I
know, mod_jk2 already knows where its workers file is, and if that command
(Jk2WorkersFile) didn't throw an error, it would probably be ignored.

John