Hi there,

Please check to see if you have excessive debugging turned on (in
server.xml) and check your disk i/o (vmstat or some other tools), check
to make sure that you're work directory (and your tomcat directory) are
not NFS mounted or in a shared volume somewhere.

Also pheck the hops between the source and target box (traceroute) and
see if there are any delays or network connectivity problems during
your testing (has happened to me more than once) check whether your
machine(s) are communicating half/full duplex or set to auto-negotiate

Then do the following... hop on source box and run (without the pound
symbols)
#telnet localhost 80 (or tomcat port)
#GET /path/to/test/servlet HTTP/1.1
#Host: <virtual_host>

and time the response. If its really slow (from localhost), check the
java settings (-Xms and -Xmx and your gcc settings if you have any)

Finally, if your app has a db or some other external i/o (i.e. ldap)
remove those from your test and construct a stripped down version of
your app and re-time...

Hope that helps

Jan-Michael