Dear all,

I am tearing my hair out trying to solve this problem... it seems to be a problem with TC.

Here is the exception from TC:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja va:248)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatc her.java:684)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDisp atcher.java:432)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispat cher.java:356)
at WelcomeServlet.gotoPage(WelcomeServlet.java:197)
at WelcomeServlet.doGet(WelcomeServlet.java:125)

The servlet, WelcomeServlet, finishes putting a array of object of type MajorCat, and NewItem into session.

session.setAttribute("majorcat", majorcat);
session.setAttribute("newitem", newitem);

gotoPage("/Welcome.jsp", request, response);

Then go straight to the Welcome.jsp page.

The page uses the majorcat object.

Here is the beginning of the JSP file:

<%@page import="MajorCat" %>
<jsp:useBean id="majorcat" class="MajorCat[]" scope="session" />

TC 4.1.18 doesn't like it. It just throws the above mentioned exception.

I take the two lines out, and take out all JSP code which uses majorcat, then it works fine!

Strangely, it worked fine before!

What's the problem??? Please shed some light and share your thought!

Many, many thanks!

charles