From: "Craig R. McClanahan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 2:01 PM
Subject: Re: Doubt in Single Sign On !!!

True ... there is no such thing as a cross-application session defined in
the servlet spec.

You're outside the bounds of the servlet spec when you talk about this,
but nothing stops a container from providing something like it.

Yes, for example, the Tomcat Servlet Container (tm reg. us. pat. off.) has a
Single Sign On facility that's outside of the Servlet Spec, but it doesn't
behave as a consistent time out across all the webapps its supporting. :-)

Regards,

Will Hartung
([EMAIL PROTECTED])