>> So, instead of WEB-INF/classes/MyBean, it would be something like
WEB-INF/classes/com.mypackage.MyBean <<

What works for me is:

MyBean:
    (declaration at top of bean class file)
    package com.mypackage;

Directory structure:
    WEB-INF
        => classes
            => com
                => mypackage
                    => MyBean

Note that the package declaration uses fullstops ("periods" in American) and
the directory path has a separate directory for "com" and "mypackage", the
bean residing in the latter.

Does
    WEB-INF
        => classes