I think it is in your httpd.conf file.
look for the ServerName directive, and then there is a UseCanonicalName directive too

Filip

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark O'Neil [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 6:29 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: mod_jk and auto mode

Hello!

Okay so I have mod_jk working (not in auto mode - will test that
tomorrow), but not without a couple issues most likely due to me still
wrapping my head around how tomcat works.

when I run http://myserver.dartmouth.edu:8080/examples the URL stays the
same through the launching of the example servlets.

however when I run http://myserver.dartmouth.edu/examples the URL
changes to http://myserver/examples

I guessing this is a setting in the examples web.xml as a couple test
servlets I have installed do not exhibit this behavior (and I wrote
those web.xml files)

or is this a localhost setting issue from somewhere else?

If I understand what John is saying below I should be able to stash all
my content in /raid/htdocs and have a setting in server.xml point to
that instead of tomcat4/webapps - correct? Following this non-servlet
oriented files would simply follow htdocs/ and the rest would go into
htdocs/<servlet_dir/WEB_INF> and be picked off based on JkMount/JkUriSet?

I assume the docBase can be set for the 'over all' Context as well as
for individual servlet contexts? Meaning I can set the Overall Context
docBase to be htdocs then have servletA's docBase be
tomcat4/webapps/servletA?

Interesting discussion on the Apache ~user front also. I will most
likely have to move an installation in that direction eventually.

Thanks,
-m