I have noticed that, too, while preparing a WebLogic web application to
run on Tomcat.

The code of ApplicationDispatcher says:

"<strong>IMPLEMENTATION NOTE</strong>: This implementation assumes that
no filters are applied to a forwarded or included resource, because
they were already done for the original request."

For authorization that might even be better, check it once as it comes
from outside and if you pass you can go everywhere the current security
police allows.

I can imagine cases where it wouldn't work though - think about
pre-/post-processing each request for whatever reason (your own
proprietary security? to decorate each request? decompress in case not
all resource has been compressed and you have to decide request by
request?), regardless if included or forwarded.

In my case I was able to change my code but it was not trivial :-(

I think it should be at least controlled by parameters, nothing in the
Servlet API v.2 spec leads to believe that it should work that way.

Tomasz

 --- Tim Funk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb: > Filters are only run once
for the incoming request. See the archives