From: Chad Pettit [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 9:00 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Backward migration from Tomcat 4.1.18 to Tomcat 3.2.4

I developed an application using Tomcat 4.1.18. It is nothing very
difficult, it basically utilizes a single JSP script and one JAVA bean.
However, in the script, I take full advantage of the core jstl (c:out,
c:if, c:foreach, etc.). I am now trying to port my code to a machine
running Tomcat 3.2.4 and cannot get the core jstl libraries to work
correctly. I would love to simply upgrade Tomcat on this machine, but
that is out of my control. I have tried copying the .jar files, for
what I believe are the jstl libraries, to the lib directory directly off
of the Tomcat base directory, but that does not appear to be working.
Any help in this downgrade would be greatly appreciated.

--
Chad E. Pettit
Software Engineer