TC 4.1.18, Coyote JK over AJP13 w/ mod_jk. We're seeing a message like this in our logs for virtually every request:

Jan 29, 2003 11:34:40 AM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket processConnection
SEVERE: Error, processing connection
java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
at COM.jrockit.net.TTSNativeIO.read(IIII)I(Unknown Source)
at COM.jrockit.net.SocketNativeIO.read(Ljava.io.FileDescriptor;III)I(Unknow n Source)
at java.net.AbstractSocketImpl$1.read(II)I(Unknown Source)
at COM.jrockit.io.NativeIOInputStream.read([BII)I(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill()V(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1([BII)I(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read([BII)I(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.read(Lorg.apache.jk.core.MsgContext;[ BII)I(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.receive(Lorg.apache.jk.core.Msg;Lorg. apache.jk.core.MsgContext;)I(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(Lorg.apache.jk.core .MsgContext;)V(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt([Ljava.lang.Object;)V(Unknow n Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run()V(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run()V(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.startThreadFromVM(Ljava.lang.Thread;)V(Unknown Source)

I realize that Socket closed errors are going to happen sometimes, but this often? Our logs build up quickly and we've gotten report of error 500's which may be related.

Any thoughts? What could cause so many Socket closed errors?

What's also funny is that other code in the JVM that uses Sockets gets a lot of Socket closed errors as well. The same code outside tomcat works fine. What gives???

Nick