Somewhat offtopic, I apologize if it is completely, I know there are some SMART people
on this list (ass kissing always helps :)

Tomcat 4.1.18
MySQL 3.22.32
MySQL Connector J 2.0.14

Trying to establish a connection from client to server, getting a "MySQL Versions
Older than 3.23.15 do not support transactions" exception.

Fine - I really don't care as I just need to build a 2 table form input application,
really simple, I don't really care about transactions, so why am I getting this error
through Tomcat when I try to start? Is there something I need to configure somewhere
before I try to download and update MySQL?

Thanks, Geoff

Geoff Peters, BScFE, AIT      Phone  : (441) 296-9640
Applications Developer        Fax    : (441) 292-1509
Logic Communications          E-mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
12 Par-La-Ville Road          WWW    : http://www.logic.bm
Hamilton, Bermuda  HM JX