After having a look at Catalina.out, here are a few errors:

java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
 at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:112)
 at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:117)
 at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:55)
 at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.addRepositoryInternal(Standar
dClassLoader.java:1082)
 at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.<init>(StandardClassLoader.ja
va:200)
 at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.createClassLoader(ClassLoader
Factory.java:202)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:140)
Bootstrap: Class loader creation threw exception
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: addRepositoryInternal:
java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
 at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.addRepositoryInternal(Standar
dClassLoader.java:1110)
 at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.<init>(StandardClassLoader.ja
va:200)
 at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.createClassLoader(ClassLoader
Factory.java:202)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:140)

The block above repeats for each time I start Tomcat.  It doesn't look too
promising.