I am currently using Apache 2.0.43, Tomcat 4.1.18, and
jdk 1.4.1_01 successfully on Win/2000 Professional
with mod_jk2.

I have also used mod_jk2 to integrate IIS 5 and Tomcat
4.1.18 on Win/2000 Professional.

I have not tried the JNI (in process) configurations,
nor have I tried the Cygwin port of Apache 2.0.x with
the Cygwin IPC daemon.

Since this is my personal development machine, I don't
have any really pressing need to improve performance
(right now) by trying an in-process or semaphore
approach.

Under Tomcat, I'm running cocoon 2-dev, struts, and
jetspeed.  Under Apache I'm running both mod_php4 and
mod_perl (with ActiveState Perl).

Everything seems to be stable on the following
platform:

Dell 8200
1.8 GHz Intel
512 MB memory
80 GB disk

I am also running both postgres and mysql as well as a
full development environment on this machine.

Occaisionally I'll play Unreal Tournament (original or
2003) with no real problems.

I'll try to put together some how-to's (using Forrest)
in the next few days.

/mde/
just another out-of-work sys-admin/programmer/network
engineer . . .