Sounds to me like the InvokerServlet change is biting you.  As of Tomcat
4.1.12, the InvokerServlet is not turned on by default, due to some
security problems with it.  If I understand the side effects of using or
not using the InvokerServlet, it would let you get away with some
servlets deploying that otherwise you ought to have defined in your
web.xml.  I'd look into getting the right entries in there, and see if
it doesn't deploy.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2/5/03 3:52:45 PM >>>
Two more peices of information just as an FYI.. JSPs work and Java
Beans
work. Servlets are the only thing that don'e seem to work.  Looking
forward
to hearing from you.  Thanks

David T Clark
Batch/Intranet/Rename Support
ALLTEL Information Services
Core Systems (MAD Development Center)
(904) 854-5095   (Jacksonville)

----- Forwarded by David T Clark/ATISMD/ALLTEL on 02/05/2003 05:50 PM
-----

                      David T Clark

                                               To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      02/05/2003 05:47         cc:

                      PM                       Subject:  Problem with
servlets in Tomcat 4.1.18

Hello, I have recently downloaded Tomcat 4.1.18 and I am having a
little
problem getting servlets to work.  After installing a Tomcat 4.1.18 I
created a directory called test under the webapps directory.  I then
created directory WEB-INF under test and classes under WEB-INF.  I
placed a
single servlet called HelloWorldExample in the classes directory.  When
try to use it I get the 404 error message saying it cannot find it..
The
really frustrating part is I can copy this directory into the webapps
directory for Tomcat 4.1.10  or just copy this servlet into any other
preexisting directory and it works fine.  I can't seem to get any
servlets
to work in any directory I create.  Any ideas?  I have never had this
problem before in Tomcat. Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

David T Clark
Batch/Intranet/Rename Support
ALLTEL Information Services
Core Systems (MAD Development Center)