Sorry, didn't read your question carefully enough.  I need to
wake up more before trying to answer questions.

The browser response doesn't give you much of a clue as to
what happened in the server.  You should get better information
from the CATALINA_HOME/logs/localhost_log*.txt file.  Do you
see any clues there?

Larry