You could use the "proxyPort" attribute in your http Connector in server.xml, for example:

enableLookups="true"
proxyPort="80" useURIValidationHack="false" />

(The server will still run on port 8082 so you'll need to redirect from port 80 to 8082 by using a proxy or firewall rules)

Rademacher Tobias wrote:

Hi Folks,

is it possible to configure Tomcat 4.0 to suppress the port into the url
adress (URL rewriting etc)?
If yes who and in which config file?

I need this due to Tomcat should run into a specical security zone and the
firewall maps a specific port
to my tomcat server. Therefore I would like to force Tomat not returing the
Port into the URL's.