From: reed crowe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 11:43 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: mod_webapp solaris 8

  I am trying to get apache-tomcat-mod_webapp running on
Solaris 8. I am running J2SDK-1.4.0_003 from sun.

I have downloaded the following:

gcc3.2.1
tomcat-4.1.18 (source)
jakarta-tomcat connectors 4.1.18 (source)
apr-0.9.1 (source)
automake
autoconf
libtool1.4.3
m4-1.4

I have been able to configure (--with-apxs and --with-apr) and make the
mod_webapp.so file
but when I configtest apache I get the following error:

Syntax error on line 238 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_webapp.so into
server: ld.so.1: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal:
libapr-0.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory

Obviously I do not have the libapr-).so.0 file, but when should it have
been created? Does the --with-apxs not apply when compiling apr?
I have been on this for a couple of days and I am not sure where to go
with it.
Is mod_jk the way to go????

Any help would be most appreciated.

This message may contain proprietary or confidential company information.
Any unauthorized use or disclosure is prohibited.