Could you please tell me which linux you use and what version?

I tried to do the same on my redhat 8.0. So it is apache2 and tomecat 4.1. I even cannot compile the native(ant native).

Any suggestion?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello all,

Mod_jk2 is much easier to install and configure than mod_jk ever was, largely due to some much more abundant and well-written documentation.

I've set up mod_jk2 and now Apache is passing requests to Tomca OK.
I've also set up Virtual Hosts in Tomcat's server.xml, and now I can access my server via "http://www.mydomain.com:8080"; instead of the IP address.

Now I'd like to put the two together and have Apache handle http://www.mydomain.com and pass the requests through to Tomcat4, and now I'm confused where I go from here. I'm comfortable with Apache's <VirtualHost> directive in httpd.conf but can't see how it works with mod_jk since there's only one set of mod_jk directives per httpd.conf

This is what I have so far,

Tomcat_Home/conf/jk2.properties:
--------------------------------
# Define the communication channel
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
tomcatId=localhost:8009

# Map the Tomcat examples webapp to the Web server uri space
[uri:/examples/*]
info=Map the whole webapp

Apache's httpd.conf
-------------------
LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so
<IfModule mod_jk.c>
AddModule mod_jk.c
JkWorkersFile /usr/local/etc/httpd/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile /usr/local/etc/httpd/logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel info
JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat -ForwardDirectories
JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T"
JkMount /examples/* worker1
</IfModule>

workers.properties (in same directory as httpd.conf)
# Define 1 real worker using ajp13
worker.list=worker1

# Set properties for worker1 (ajp13)
worker.worker1.type=ajp13
worker.worker1.host=localhost
worker.worker1.port=8009
worker.worker1.lbfactor=50
worker.worker1.cachesize=10
worker.worker1.cache_timeout=600
worker.worker1.socket_keepalive=1
worker.worker1.socket_timeout=3

The above passes requests from Apache to Tomcat OK.
Now for virtual hosts,

<Host name="www.domain1.com" appBase="webapps">
<Alias>domain1.com</Alias>
<Context path="" docBase="ROOT"></Context>
</Host>

<Host name="www.domain2.com" appBase="webapps">
<Alias>mydomain2.com</Alias>
<Context path="" docBase="mainsite"></Context>
</Host>

But what do I add to Apache's httpd.conf for the virtual hosts ?

<VirtualHost aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd>
ServerName www.domain1.com
DocumentRoot /usr/local/etc/httpd/site1
ErrorLog logs/error_log
TransferLog logs/access_log
</VirtualHost>

I feel I'm so close. Could somebody please help with this last part ?

Thank you very much,

Soefara.

ps. is 1 worker enough to handle everything ?