Michael Micek wrote:
<chomp>

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 08:16:25PM -0500, Jake Robb wrote:

Internal and External refer to whether you compile the mySQL source into
your program and distribute that (internal), or you just distribute mySQL
along with your software (external).

Really?  Do they define that somewhere?  My interpretation
of the page was that "internal" and "external" referred to
your organization (say, one division of your company
providing software for another vs distributing to a separate
company).  I don't see how they would enforce that
(restriction on internal distribution), though.
Nor would it matter, in most cases. If dept A wants to use the budget system from dept B, and the budget system is not written for deployment outside of the company (external), then I would think that [most of the time], if dept A says "Hey can we get the source code?", then dept B would probably say "sure".

Erik