From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 2:12 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Can't get Servlet Inputstream

Howdy,
Very interesting.  Interesting enough that I want to try to reproduce it
myself, but my local tomcat instance is running a 12-hour long
performance/stress profile.

So in the meantime, let me ask this:
- Which version of tomcat?
- Which JDK?
- Does getReader() work?
- Are any exceptions thrown by the getInputStream request?
- Are there any relevant exceptions in the tomcat logs?
- Have you verified your tomcat installation is good by running the
examples?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

Tomcat's
>and I am curious why calling getInputstream on the request in Tomcat
>returns null.  This calls works fine in Jigsaw receiving the same XML
data,
>but returns null in Tomcat.   Any help would be appreciated.   Below is
>simple example of the code that is failing:
>
>public void doPost(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse
>response)
>   throws IOException, ServletException
>{
>System.out.println("Content lenght = "+request.getContentLength());  //
>this line works
>ServletInputStream in = request.getInputStream();
>// this returns null, why?
>}
>
>BTW - I can read the request header and content length fine from the
>request, just can't get the inputstream.
>
>Thank you,
>George

and notify the sender.  Thank you.