* Paul Yunusov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [0223 16:23]:
> On Thursday 20 February 2003 06:43 am, Rasputin wrote:
> > * John Ruffin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [0205 18:05]:
> > > I asked this same question last week - with no response.

> > > What I did was tell TC to not auto-expand and get everything from the war
> > > file itself.  Ant will copy the war file to catalina_home/webapps.  Then
> > > I use Manager to stop and start the app - restart doesn't work for me.

> > That works a treat - thanks John, Obviously the file being physically
> > in webapps means it survives a reboot without requiring edits to server.xml
> > too.

> > a <delete> task takes care of the WARfile, then a <remove> ant task
> > will drop the context, but I get problems if the remove fails while the
> > file is still there.

> > Does anyone jnow where the documentation for the catalina ant tasks is?

> Ant install task doesn't create any war files. It creates a context with the
> docBase at the same location as your build files. There is no need at all for
> any war files to use Ant's Catalina tasks. Please read the App Dev Guide at
> the Tomcat doc site. It is extremely useful.

I think you've misunderstood. Changes by the install task don't survive a
server restart, because they don't seem to edit server.xml.
As I said earlier, I'd prefer this because tomcat is choking
on its own server.xml after editing it.

In any case, I've got a solution which works - I'm installing by copying
the files to appBase.

I've read the appdev guide - it's useful, but doesn't describe the
attributes of the ant tasks, which is what I need.

To clarify, all I'm looking for is the equivalent of these pages:

http://ant.apache.org/manual/anttaskslist.html

for the tasks defined in catalina-ant.jar. Does anyone know
where they are?

--
"I thought you were trying to get into shape."
"I am. The shape I've selected is a triangle."