Hi all,

I am looking for some "best practices" for servlet filter (and servlet
listener). These are quite new (servlet 2.3). I am using a servlet
filter on some of my jsp page, but I would need a detail example of the
best way to implement it. I am not sure how to catch exception in the
servlet filter without hiding everything in the back on it. Also, I find
it a bit limited to map the servlet on jsp and servlet using the
web.xml. Is there a more precise way (with some reg ex?) to associate a
filter with pages? If I had some good example of good patterns, using
filter chain... I would probably apply it a better way. I would have the
same question about listener servlet too.

Thanks.

Etienne.