We have Tomcat and Oracle (both as services) running on a single box. Our
application uses poolman and works fine when starting Tomcat on a manual
basis, but on a re-boot Oracle is not ready by the time the application
attempts to make its connections. The resulting error leaves
Tomcat/application in an unrecoverable state.

What is the easiest way to delay the Tomcat startup (by say a minute) on
re-boot. The Tomcat service uses 'tomcat.exe' which I think is created on
the install. We thought of adding a hacked delay to startup.bat but changing
the service to use startup.bat didn't seem to work at all. (Win2k service
dependencies don't work in the sense that that the Tomcat service only
depends on the starting of the Oracle service, and does not wait until
Oracle is fully initialised)

Any ideas ?