* William Claxton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [0221 05:21]:

> We encountered an issue when adding a classpath entry to the Tomcat
> (v4.1.18) 'setclasspath.sh' script.  It so happens that the classpath entry
> '/home/web/mediaware/WEB-INF/classes' is already accessible as a context,
> but we need the classpath entry for some functions internal to our servlet.
>  When we add this classpath entry using 'setclasspath.sh', Tomcat seems to
> loose its context.  There are no errors in any of the startup logs, but
> servlets located in '/home/web/mediaware/WEB-INF/classes' cannot run properly.

STR there's some problem doing this, it causes different classes to be loaded by
different
classloaders. If /home/web/mediaware is a webapp directory, then
classes in WEB_INF/classes  will be searched, as will jarfiles in
WEB-INF/lib -
if you don't need moroe than that I'd undo your changes to setclasspath.sh, and spare
yourself a
lot of pain.

--
Jone's Law:
        The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.