The listing maybe coming from tomcat itself.  Make sure you disable tomcat
directory listing as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kwong Chong [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 2:31 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: how can I disable directory listing at client side

Hmm I have a similar problem that's been bugging me -
The way I normally disable directory listing is to remove the
"Options Indexes" option from the Directory directive, ending up with

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>

With apache running alone, this all works fine, if you try to get a
directory listing, you get a forbidden message - everything a ok!

When I then configure apache to use modjk2, and to auto forward dynamic
pages to the application server, ie adding

DirectoryIndex          index.jsp index.html

in httpd.conf,

and

[uri:/*.jsp]
worker=lb:workerLB

in workers2.properties,

Everything seems to work fine; dynamic pages work etc, but I can now get
directory listings!

When I change DirectoryIndex to just
DirectoryIndex         index.html

directory listing is disabled again,