There's no configuration parameter for this -- it would take a code change
in the code that listens on the server socket to pause for some amount of
time if we've already allocated maxProcessors and all of them are
currently busy.

I haven't looked at the code, but it doesn't sound like this should be too
difficult to implement.  Best bet is to submit an enhancement request:

  http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/

For extra credit (and a *much* higher likelihood that it would get
implemented quickly), a patch that makes it happen could be added as an
attachment.

Craig